Author and blogger Emmanuelle de Maupassant is in the midst of an amazing feat.
She has collected the thoughts of no less than 130 writers of all kinds of erotic fiction – and is now using this input to write a series of articles about the background and the creative processes of this particular genre.
I don’t think anything like this has been attempted before – and certainly not on this scale. And so far the articles have been both fascinating and enlightening. I myself was one of the 130 authors, and I’m very proud to be a part of this exciting project.
Follow the articles on Emmanuelle de Maupassant’s website:
- The erotic vein: The male pen
- Men reading the erotic
- 130 Authors of Erotic Fiction
- First Inspirations
- Why Write Erotic Fiction?
- Dancing the Line: Fantasy and Realism in Erotic Fiction
- Lines in the Sand: transgression and censorship
- What the Future Holds: 21st century erotic fiction
- Publishing’s Dirty Secret: erotic fiction in the 21st century market